Submissive 101

I missed a couple of days going to the gym last week. I thought, "That's OK I'll make it up this week by working out extra hard." For Mother's Day I got the mp3 I needed (ok wanted)to work out with and a couple of workout outfits with a water bottle. Yeah! I couldn't wait to use them Monday morning...but I set the alarm for 4:45 PM instead of AM accidentally.

OK, well....we'll make up for it by going every day for the rest of the week I tell my gym partner.

Then last night Cecil says I can't go because he needs to go to work early. So, being the good submissive wife that I am I set my alarm for 4:45 AM anyway. I was convinced that he wouldn't really get up early and even more determined that I would go to the gym anyway.

Apparently I matured over night or some such wisdom hit me and the reality that I couldn't go to the gym if my husband said, "no" sank in. So, I turned the alarm off at the very first buzz this morning. But I hadn't grown up that much because I waited a few minutes then rolled over and asked my husband if he was getting up. (In my mind I'm thinking "if he says no I still have time to get ready to go.") He mumbles, "yes" but rolls over and continues sleeping.

OK, I'm quickly losing this being a good submissive wife battle. Then I think to myself... "well whether I go or not I still could get up and get my bath. But... Then I realized that if he really does get up I would have used up all the hot water and slowed him down in getting ready for work. He needs a bath before me. So, good sacrificing wife that I am I get up and run him a tub of water. I then nicely go in and tell him his bath is ready. BTW At this point I had already sent a message to my gym partner that I couldn't go today and she had promptly went back to bed...so my plans were already shot. "What time is it?" he asks. "5:30", I announce proudly. (See what I good wife I am..getting up early and running bath water for my husband..and helping get up and off to work early like he wanted to?) "I'm too tired, I've got to get some more sleep." "ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?" (I said in my head because I'm way too good of a submissive wife to say that out loud.)

OH, no no this wouldn't do. I was up and awake when I hate mornings. My plans were ruined and this man ruined them for his plans and now he was not getting up! So, being the good submissive wife that I am I decided to cook breakfast. Loudly cook breakfast. (our room is right off the kitchen) Then I woke my son up. (he did say he liked it when I went to the gym because I got him up early which meant he finished school early) But as an added bonus...he also has never learned to whisper and walks through the house with all the stealth and quiet of a baby elephant. Can I help it if he is loud and he might just might disturb my sleeping husband? After all I'm just being a good wife and cooking breakfast. (forget the fact that I hate mornings and never ever cook breakfast)

So, my ds eats and announces he is going back to bed. So much for that idea. Meanwhile dh still hasn't budged from bed. I went in and announced your breakfast is ready. Two eggs, bacon, toast, and coffee. Who could deny I'm a great wife? Bath ran and breakfast cooked. Yes, I'm a wonder. Do you know what he says to me? I'm going to email my boss and tell him I've got to come in late today to take care of a situation that came up. "NO FREAKIN' WAY YOU JUST DID THIS TO ME!" (again I think but don't say because I'm way too good of a submissive wife to say such a thing out loud.) Now, fact is there is a situation that needs to be dealt with but I had no idea he had decided to take care of it THIS morning and since he did in fact decide to take care of it THIS very morning (but no where near the time I actually go to the gym) THEN WHY EXACTLY COULD I NOT GO TO THE GYM?

So, he sends said email and goes right back to bed without eating my scrumptious breakfast. I ate my breakfast not at the dining room table but at my computer in the bed room. (oops I hope it didn't disturb his sleep) Being the good wife that I am when I noticed him shivering (because I had removed the comforter from the bed and turned up the AC to freezing) I got a blanket out of the hope chest and put over them. I then went to get in the bath that I had ran for him.

While in the bath I thought well if he is not going in until later then may be R and I can still go to the gym before her dh has to go into his job. But alas, she went back to bed and I couldn't reach her. So, it is just me up stewing while the rest of the world sleeps. I've already had breakfast, a pot of coffee, and bathed & dressed with no place to go.

So, I decided to do Bible study while I had this quiet time. What did the Lord say to me this morning?

"with all lowliness and gentleness, with long suffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace."
Ephesians 4:2,3

"Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, long suffering; bearing with on another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do."
Colossians 3: 11,12

Lowliness? Gentleness? Long suffering? Tender mercies? Kindness, humility, meekness, forgiveness? I displayed those traits this morning, right? OK No. I really fail the submissive 101 class on a regular basis. Good thing Cecil is aces at the whole long suffering thing or we would be in a world of hurt as a couple.

But Dog gone! Have you ever noticed that God has a way of telling you exactly what you need to hear exactly when you don't really want to hear it? *sigh* OH, well I guess I have to listen. I mean He is God and all........

3 comments:

Rhonda P said...

As your gym partner, I say thanks for the day off...As your friend I say, I would have
a. made more noise
b. confronted him in a VERBAL way
c. DEFINITELY NOT gotten him a freakin blanket
d. Just gone back to bed if I was not going to TRULY make his sleeping late experience TRAGICALLY UNPLEASANT

Anonymous said...

Wow. I don't think I've ever seen anyone so upset about not being able to go to the gym!

I would, however, have been quite upset about him not getting up to eat the hot breakfast I made. I draw the line when it comes to cooking!

Alas, I know what you mean about God speaking. It is an amazing, albeit humbling, experience...He knows exactly what you need and shows you exactly when you need it.

Marsha-- who is much less long-suffering than my dear, patient, easy-going husband!

lillinda said...

Andrew read Brandon's schedule and was happy he wasn't the only one not through with his math. Made him feel so much better !