The Gym

Who'd a thought it. I've made it through another week of waking up at 5 AM to go to the gym. If anyone doubts my sincerity about losing weight they need to go no farther than the very hour at which I have dragged out of bed these last two weeks. Right now I have to ponder how much longer my hubby will continue to tolerate me going at $5 a pop 3X a week. How long will I need to do this before he gives in and believes I'm serious and buys me a gym membership?

I must say I love going to the gym. I love the machines and the TV on the wall. I love the burst of energy. I love not sitting around the house thinking how fat I am and what I a worthless lump I am for not doing anything about. I love the sense of accomplishment. I love being there with my friend. I love giggling about creepy workout guy. I love realizing I can push myself just a little more. I love being able to say I go to a gym. I love coming home wide awake at 7 AM ready to attack the day's work. I love waking up my kids when I get home and spending some fun time with them before we start school and house work. BTW if you happen to read this dear sweet hubby of mine I would love all this all the more with a good ipod so I can jam while I work out .....hmmm...may be I should get the gym membership past him first...

As much as I'm enjoying going to the gym, I will say I did suffer a huge blow this week when I finally got around to getting on the scales and realized that I actually weigh nearly 10 pounds more than I thought I did! You mean I didn't think lowly enough about myself yet? I'm even bigger than I thought? Scales are cold, cruel, evil things. That's OK my resolve is digging in for the long haul.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, muscle weighs more than fat-- so just think of how much more muscley you are now than before!

Besides, gym scales are WRONG. They are purposefully set that way so people continue to freak out and feel like they REALLY need that gym membership. :-)

5AM-- you're my hero!

Rhonda P said...

You are a wonderful partner! I look forward to watching you shrivel away to nothing! Note to Cecil, the Ipod is a MOTHERS DAY must! Please do not let us down on this one! I am not a good Share'r