Sleep, Books, Sleep, Fleas, and Sleep

I slept the weekend away. Every time I do this my hubby thinks something is horribly wrong with me. He could never sleep off and on all day and night no matter desperately he wanted or needed to. I however have always been able to simply sleep through illnesses. This time, although, yes... my allergies are evil, it was more this humid heat. I've been determined not to start turning on our AC until it was unbearable due to the high electric bill we already struggle to pay. I have no idea what the temperature hit this weekend (not really that high I don't think) but I was so lethargic. The humidity just made me sticky at all times and it was like breathing under water. Every time I got still I fell asleep. I Know, I Know, I'm such a wimp! Last night I lost the AC battle. I wasn't going to sleep another miserable sticky night. I turned to AC on...oh great bill payer that sleeps beside me please forgive me. (He didn't seem to mind sleeping in a comfy 72 degree room either.)

During my waking hours on Saturday, I did run the kids to the library. Brandon and I had finished Redwall and he was dying to get the second book in the series Mattimeo. Edited to point out that Mossflower is the second book and we accidentally got the third book in the series. opps (BTW absolutely loved loved loved Redwall!!! CAUTION: the battle scenes are a bit violent for little readers.) Emily declared she didn't want to go, but I took her any way and she ended up bringing home a ton of books. I questioned her about it and she declared, "Well, What? I changed my mind!" Yes, she is my girl!

Let's see Brandon got:

Mattimeo by Brian Jacques
The Stink Files: The Postman Always Brings Mice by Holm and Hamel
Riddles, Riddles, Riddles selected by Joseph Leeming
Pirates & Smugglers by Moira Butterfield (Kingfisher)
Pirate by Richard Platt (Eyewitness)
Pirates & Treasure by Saviour Pirotta (The Remarkable World)


Note: Brandon has decided he wants to study pirates.

And Emily got:

Milo and the Magical Stones by Marcus Pfister
Milo and the Mysterious Island by Marcus Pfister
Mama Don't Allow by Thacher Hurd
Bedtime for Frances by Russell Hoban
Once upon a Time, the End (asleep in 6o seconds)
by Geoffrey Kloske & Barry Blitt
If You Take a Mouse to the Movies by Laura Numeroff
Dancing with the Wind by Stanton Orser
Sweet Strawberries by Phyllis Naylor
Slugs in Love by Susan Pearson
The Ugly Duckling adapted by Jerry Pinkney
Oliva and the Missing Toy by Ian Falconer

During my waking hours on Sunday we discovered the dogs were covered in fleas. Man, I hate when the fleas come. Off to Petsmart. So we bathed the dogs, medicated dogs, sprayed dogs, sprinkled powder carpet and dog bedding, and sprayed yard. Plus, it is a well known fact that if dogs have fleas they have worms. So, I wormed the dogs.

PS I don't think my dogs love me anymore.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, since I pay the bills (write the checks, that is), we keep the house at a comfy 73 every night. Granted, it is a steamy 77-78 during the day. The thermometer in the backyard actually hit 99 a few days ago! Zowie, that is waaaay too steamy for May.

And I had no idea that feals=worms. I'll have to remember that when we get a dog again!

Stay cool, my friend and I hope you feel better soon!
Marsha