Finishing up the School Year.

OK I took a little while off blogging while finishing up the school year. We worked hard trying to get to a good stopping place for the summer. Emily will work a little through out the summer because she has just now gotten on a roll and learning in leaps and bounds. I don't think stopping now for 3 months is a good idea. Brandon has a summer schedule:

Monday- Spelling & Journal
Tuesday- Spelling & Math
Wednesday- Spelling & Journal
Thursday- Spelling & Math
Friday- Spelling & Journal

His Spelling and handwriting still leave a lot to be desired. Spelling takes about 10 minutes tops. I started him doing the journal a couple of months ago to improve his spelling, handwriting and grammar. Math I just didn't want to waste the beginning of the school year reminding him everything he already learned.

While I was on my posting hiatus we had our last day of AHS/CAHE Spring Soccer. We finished up the season with the last game, a picnic, and trophies. I didn't get a good picture of the kids receiving their trophies because I was handing them out. So, I took a picture of them with them on their awards day.

 

 
Posted by Picasa



The same day of the soccer party we also had an afternoon field trip to KETK TV station where Scott Chesner our local weather man talked to the kids about all that goes into putting the weather on TV. Then we toured the rest of the studio.


That dark blob on the left upper hand side of the monitor is the back Em's head. She was wearing her lime green soccer jersey so her shirt didn't show up while standing against the green screen. Mason was carrying her on his shoulders so it just looks like this head is floating around.

Weather Area


Green Screen


Kids in front of Weather Truck


Maddie, Branflake, Mason, Mariah, and Emily


The soccer party and field trip were Wednesday. Thursday we went to the library. We returned 22 books the librarian pointed out. Then we checked out 33! 25 of those were Emily's. She simply wouldn't budge. She just had to have them all.

We spent Memorial Day weekend playing and working in the yard. Cecil tried cutting down the grape vine that has overtaken our back fence. Little did he know it was also covered with poison ivy. He now has a poison ivy rash from head to toe. He looks like a plague victim. I tried to take a picture of him but the camera didn't pick up the true hideousness of the rash. Otherwise we did lots of grilling and relaxing. Cecil was off Friday through Monday so we enjoyed time with him. (Even though he did work on the computer all weekend, surprise?)

I enjoyed a nice brunch and shopping with my mom on Sat. morning. Then Saturday night we cooked a huge nice meal to celebrate the kids finishing up the school year. I gave them their last report cards, their awards and a couple of small gifts.






Now I've got one week to get ready for VBS. I'm teaching crafts K-6th again. I love VBS but I usually start getting ready way before the last week before it. This year's theme is sporty so it should be really easy to decorate for. I better log off for now and go back to cutting ribbon and plastic folders.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am still laughing about her floating head!!! :-)