Feeding the Reading Bug

Last Saturday the kids checked out soooo many books that I didn't bother to check one out myself. I figured that I'd be too busy reading out loud to them to enjoy a book for my own. HUGE mistake. The second you don't have a book you crave nothing so desperately as to have a book. On top of that I started feeling sick...what do you do when your sick? Read! And it has been raining...what do you do when it rains? Oh, surely you get my point by now.

So, after I dragged myself out of the house and sacrificed my own comfort for my son (am I playing it up enough?) so he could play soccer on Wednesday, I decided to make a detour by the library and pick up myself a book. Emily (the girl who doesn't like books) surprisingly had gone through all of hers so she got some more too. So here is what we have now.

Brandon's Books: Rechecked out the books he got on Sat.

Emily's Books:
Are you my Mommy (tab and texture book)
Amelia Bedelia and The Surprise Shower by Peggy Parish
Paddington's Garden by Michael Bond
Milly and Tilly by Kate Summers
Curious George and The Pizzaby Marget and H.A. Rey's
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
by Judith Viorst
Make Way for Dumb Bunnies by Sue Denim
(Oh Lord how did she sneak that in?)
Alexander and The Magic Mouse by Martha Sanders
A Giraffe and a Half by Shel Silverstein
On the First Day of Grade School by Emily Brenner
The Pain and the Great One by Judy Blume
Franklin Plays the Game by Paulette Bourgeois and Brenda Clark

April's Books:
Firethorn by Sarah Micklem
Flight of the Night Hawks by Raymond E. Feist
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

0 comments: