What is your favorite place?

Friday Emily was watching TV. I was sitting at the computer working on something and only half listening to her answer questions on the show. It was Dora or Blues Clues. I'm not sure which one. I wasn't paying much attention. I just know it was one of those because she was shouting out the appropriate answers when the time came. You know how they ask questions for the kids to shout answers at the TV like they hear them? Anyway, I'm still not real sure exactly what the show was about but here is what I heard....

TV personality: "What is your favorite room in the house?"

Emily: "Mommy's room!"

TV personality: "Why is that your favorite room?"

Emily: "Cause that is where Mommy and Daddy are!"

To some this may not be a notable moment, but she could have said her room because of the toys, the living room because of the TV and video games, the kitchen because of the food, the school room because of the craft supplies but she said MY room because that is where her Mommy is found. How long will my room and my arms be her favorite places to be? Such a short time. Needless to say my determination that she must sleep in her own room that night slipped. She slept snuggled up to me and I dozed off knowing with out a doubt that being snuggled up next to one of my babies is my favorite place to be.

0 comments: