Weekend Happenings

Saturday was my group's Ladies Breakfast Club. We meet the third weekend of every month at the Edom Bakery. It was a small group this month but I was really glad because one of newer members was there and this gave us an opportunity to get to know her a little better. Mom's Night Outs have never really worked well for me but I love the breakfast club and I think I'd go even if I found out not another mom was going to be there.

Going to breakfast put me in the mood to be out and about town though. So, I went home just long enough to get the kids ready to go with me (since Cecil had to work). First, we went to the library.

Branflake:

Rechecked out Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke
as he is not quite through with it.
Rechecked out The Ice Dragon by George R. R. Martin
since he hasn't started it yet.
And he checked out the first book of the Redwall series by Brian Jacques for me to read out loud to him and Em.

Emily got:

Frog and Toad are Friends by Arnold Lobel (again)
A Kiss for Little Bear by Else Holmelund Minarik
Josefina Javelina by Susan Lowell
The Rooster Who Set Out to See the World by Eric Carle
Diary of a Worm by Doreen Cronin
Milo the Really Big Bunny by Stephen Krensky
The Classic Tale of Pigling Bland by Beatrix Potter
There's a Nightmare in My Closet by Mercer Mayer
Leon and Albertina by Christine Davenier

We then went grocery shopping, grabbed some shakes at Sonic and stopped at several yard sales on the way home. It seemed like all of East Texas had a yard sale going Saturday. I didn't really run across any good finds. The only thing I bought was at a house on my own street! LOL The man used to set up a stall at First Monday in Canton and was basically having a going out of business sale in his yard. He had a bunch of those Mountain brand shirts with the animals on them. Branflake is short on summer clothes so I bought him 2 shirts for $10. Now he and Em just need some shorts.

The rest of the weekend was wrapped up in yard work, good food, watching movies, and the kids and I laying around reading either out loud or to ourselves.

0 comments: