Books, Books and more Books....

I have always been big on reading. The basis of all education right? I mean if you can read and comprehend instructions then you can do anything. I firmly believe it. So, I bought Bran his first books before he was born. I couldn't wait to read to him and instill my love for books into him. (And this was years before I ever decided to home school him.) However, for the longest time I had a hard time getting Bran to read to himself. The love of books was there. He loved me to read to him. He just would not read to himself. Time and time again he'd check books out of the library and check them back in unread.

Well, the time of worry is over. My boy is an official fantasy fiction fanatic! He is particularly crazy about books in series. For the last few days I have to keep telling him that he has to do his school work and chores before he reads his book.
Last night I got up in the middle of the night to discover he was still up reading. So what does a good home school mom do about this new problem? She compiles a book wish list for her son. Of Course!

He has read Midnight by Erin Hunter and loved it! Here is a list of Erin Hunter's Warrior books:

Warriors
1. Into the Wild
2. Fire and Ice
3. Forests of Secrets
4. Rising Storm
5. A Dangerous Path
6. The Darkest Hour

The New Prophecy Series
1. Midnight (He has this one.)
2. Moonrise
3. Dawn
4. Starlight
5. Twilight
6. Sunset

The Power of Three
1. The Sight

There is also The Lost Warrior.

I am currently reading Redwall by Brian Jacques out loud to both the kids. Emily is not impressed. Brandon can't get enough.

Redwall series:
1. Redwall
2. Mossflower
3. Mattimeo
4. Mariel of Redwall
5. Salamandastron
6. Martin the Warrior
7. The Bellmaker
8. Outcast of Redwall
9. The Pearls of Lutra
10. The Long Patrol
11. Marlfox
12. The Legend of Luke
13. Lord Brocktree
14. Taggerung
15. Triss
16. Loamhedge
17. Rakkety Tam
18. High Rhulain
19. Eulalia!

He is currently reading The Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke. This book isn't a series but I think he'd like these other two books by the same author:
1. Inkheart
2. Inkspell

OF Course he is waiting for the new Harry Potter book Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows to release July 21, 2007. Also,we have read Eargon and Eldest by Christopher Paolini so he is very impatiently waiting on the third book in that series that is not due to release until summer 2008.

Gee, now if I can just get Emily more interested in books.... She doesn't like Redwall. She did sit still and listen when I read Black Beauty. I asked her what kind of books she likes. She said counting books, books about princesses, and ballerina books. *sigh*

0 comments: