Gym Etiquette

A friend and I, who have consistently complained of our ever growing bottoms finally got out of our rut and went to the gym this morning. WE WENT TO THE GYM. AT 5 AM. Don't not even get me started on how out of character it is for me to do anything before 10....

So we get to the gym and like typical 30 something slightly out of shape women are want to do we began to talk and giggle as we worked out. Now, I'm not talking being loud, just talking. And... I will admit that because of the location of our particular gym the other gym members were say slightly older, but they kept giving us dirty looks. In fact, a little before we left one asked the guy on duty at the gym to turn the TV up...

So here I ask you...Were they just ticked off that they aren't 30 something-ish giggling women? or Is there some gym etiquette that I don't know about? Is the gym like the library? Are you not supposed to talk at the gym? Truly this must be one of those moments when the dye has seeped into my brain!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think at that early hour, people just like quiet. I'm just totally guessing here because never in my entire life have I ever worked out (whether at home or at gym) at 5 AM!

So talking is allowed...but proper etiquette calls for keeping volume in check. Kinda like when people talk on their cell phones in public and don't realize that they're getting louder and LOUDER.

But hey, it's a free country and if you're having a good time, then let the old guys bring headphones next time! ;)

April said...

Well, actually my dh informed me that there was indeed etiquette and that I was supposed to be focusing and not talking.

Focusing... I get it... concentrate... stay on task... oh look is that Cher?...I just loved her in Mask....Have you seen Mask?....what?

Anonymous said...

LOL you are braver than I. I CANNOT see myself at a gym. Not at 5am. Not at 5pm. But if I did go... I would probably be giggly too;)