Trip to the Library

Today was a dreary day. What do you do on a dreary day? You read. So, off to the library we went!

BranFlake got two books:

Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke
The Ice Dragon by George R.R. Martin.

(Think the boy likes dragons?) The real trick will be getting him to read them before they are due back. He is not an avid reader. However, he would still do just about anything to have me read out loud to him. He’ll even sit and listen to me read little kids books to his sister! He is wanting the second book in the prophecy warriors (about warrior cats) but the library doesn't have it. Since he read the first book faster than he has ever read anything and he read it with out trying to talk me into reading it out loud, I guess I'll have to go buy that series for him. Soon the third book in the Eragon series should be out. (another dragon book) I’ll really have to buy that when it comes out. Of course I’ll end up reading that aloud.


Emily got several books:

Goodnight Moon (again)
Llama llama red pajama (again)
After Dark by Louis Baum
Winnie the Pooh Everyone is Special
Wild about Books by Judy Sierra
The Castle Mystery by Gertrude Chandler Warner ( This is the first non picture book that Emily has ever picked out. I really think that she just picked it out because of the castle on the front but we’ve read three chapters already and she seems to like it. I didn‘t notice until we got home that it was a boxcar children book. I‘ve been trying to get Brandon interested in those because they are more his reading level. May be listening to me read to his sister will peek his interest. Right now he wants these huge epics that are beyond his reading level and guess who he wants to read them?)
Just a Minute by Yuyi Morales (This is a cute book about an old woman that tricks death into waiting around for her until he gives up. It also has counting in both English and Spanish all the way up to ten.)


I like historical and fantasy fiction. I guess Bran has my taste. For myself I got The Last Kingdom by Bernard Cornwall and The Spirit Gate by Kate Elliott. I hope I can still time away to myself to actually read them! I used to read and read and read. But it has gotten hard to make the time to anymore. After all I'm always having to read to my kids! LOL

0 comments: