Summer projects

Sorry, I have once again slipped off to no posts land. Cecil has been taking a lot of vacation days and we've been spending time as a family and doing lots of little projects.

I don't know about you but our little projects seem to grow as we work on them. See first, Cecil bought me this cute patio furniture set with a deck box to store my chair cushions in so the would not get ruined by weather. Then he bought me this metal and canvas gazebo.

So we promptly set it up and had a tea party.

However after we set the gazebo up I wanted a floor in it...So we laid one. Cecil bought me a fan and I strung up some lights... It was really cozy.... But then there was this out door fire place on sale that Cecil had his eye on....so I told him to buy it... of course we had to lay more stone for that because we couldn't put it under the gazebo... and all that stone made me think....wouldn't it be nice if I had a nice stone walk way to the gazebo...so I made me a little stone path...last night as we sat admiring our handy work I started thinking about planting flower beds on each side of the path...or wouldn't one of those little ponds with a fountain look cute there in that space between the path and the front flower bed... Cecil pointed out that we need another area the same size as the fireplace floor to put his new grill on.... I think he plans to buy more stone and sand today....he mentioned something about a TV but I put my foot down and told him absolutely no TV in the out doors! LOL Here is what we have so far.




The Patio Floor




Cecil's Fireplace




My cute little path...











Whole set up.



Pretty night time shot.

So we've been busy. And despite all the mowing, trimming, burning, weed eating, floor laying, weed pulling and various other yard slave work we've been doing the yard still calls. I am beginning to think the more work you put into making something nice the more work it will take....Did that last thought make sense?

PS Notice in the picture of the whole set up that we also managed to get the house re-roofed with pretty green shingles to match my green trim!

PSS The path does have two different stones in it but all the rest of the stone is the red stone. It looks different colors in the picture because we use sand as a kind of mortar between stones and the fire place area hasn't had all the sand cleaned off the top good in the picture as it was just laid late last night.

PSSS If you click on the pictures in the post you can see them in full size.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How pretty! I'm thinking what a lovely location for a fall MNO!
;-)

Rhonda P said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE...and a million more loves, your new little outdoor area!

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Especially the nighttime pic. And yes, a fireplace is a must so you can roast marshmellows... and another must is a place for the grill (which definitely requires more stone).

*sigh* I know what you mean about one thing leading to another and then it all requiring upkeep. But some things are worth it.