It is a mouse, no it's a rat, OH NO! It's a snake......

I woke up hearing my guinea pigs very upset. There was a lot of cage rattling going on. At first I thought they had emptied their water bottle and were shaking it to get someone to refill it. So, I stumbled into the living room to hush the little demanding things up. Then I realized they were no where near the water or food. Two were scrunched up in a corner shrieking in fear while the third bravely fought something on the far side of the cage by the wall. All it was really managing to bite the wires on the side of the cage....

I thought a mouse must have been attracted to their food, was trying to get a bite to eat and instead was getting a bite from Leia the warrior guinea pig. Actually,at this point though not thrilled with the idea of a mouse in my house or the idea that I was going to have to get it out of my house... I kind of snickered at the idea that it thought it was getting easy pickings out of the guinea pigs food and was now under attack from the fearless one.

Then It moved trying to run away (it was kinda smushed against the wall and the wires of the cage) and I saw it was really big (longish, too long to be a mouse).... and I thought "OH, gross it's a rat! A rat in my house!"

Mind you, I stopped half way across the room as soon as I saw there was something moving on the outside of the cage that the guinea pigs didn't like. Then the light hit it's shinny smooth slick head....

(PARDON MY OUTBURST)....

"Holy crap! It's a snake! A snake has gotten in the house and is trying to eat my piggies!".... Now I hate snakes...love my piggies... so I inch forward to investigate how to get this snake....AND......




It was not a snake.......






Praise the Lord it was not a snake......








Victory dance here.....






Instead it was......







Are you ready for this?














My son's African three clawed frog!


It finally managed to get out of it's aquarium. We had always heard they were wild tank jumpers. After all this time (about two years ago?) she hadn't jumped out of her aquarium ....I just thought well may be we don't have to worry about this one. Not only did she make it .... she was three rooms away from her aquarium ... and in a lot of danger... on top of Leia the warrior princess, there was also a cat and two dogs in the house! Close inspection showed very few scrapes on her. We rinsed her off and slipped her back in the tank. Mission one today..... find something to seal up opening in back of tank so explorer frog is kept homebound!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinkin' I want to see a picture of this creature!

Anonymous said...

Whew! That was a close one.

And I'm with Gayle-- pictures please!!!