Frog Stories

If you have read my blog in the past you may have read about some of my misadventures with what was supposed to be an science experiment. It all started when I bought a tadpole for Bran to watch it's metamorphosis in to a frog. After which I intended to set it free. Little did I know it would turn out to be an African Clawed Frog which is aquatic, can't be set free, and is the subject of several posts. So with many froggy experiences already under my belt I was tickled pink to read my blog buddy Marsha has had her own little frog adventure that only a little boy can give you! You should click over there her boys are just too cute!

Her story reminded me of something that happened here once...

*insert harp music and a fuzzy spinning fade away to days of long ago...

It was before the carnivorous escape frog and Brandon was may be say 7...

I'm in the laundry room taking clothes out of the washer to put in the dryer. I've grabbed a hand full and thrown them in to dryer already and reach in to grab another hand full... and let out a scream...not that I'm scared of frogs...I was just startled to find one sitting amongst my freshly washed laundry in my washing machine.

Brandon came running in (ever my little hero)
Brandon: "What happened Mom? Are you ok?"
Mom: "Yes, I'm fine. I was just a little startled. There is a frog in the washer!"
Brandon: "OH, so that's where it went!!!"

Apparently at one point it was in his pocket??? And I must have grabbed it when I got his laundry.... And I washed the poor thing!!!! Any way it seemed fine... and ... well rather clean when we let it go in the flower bed.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the washing machine?! Ewww... I'm glad that it didn't splat its guts all over your clean laundry.

Frogs in pockets are not a good thing. Especially a fat giant frog in a little skinny 2yo's pockets... not exactly an easy fit!