Emily the Perfectionists

Emily has a friend coming over to play tomorrow. So, first thing off the bat this morning she announces she needs to clean her room.

OK WELLL... knowing that Emily is truly my daughter I knew that she wouldn't be able to think of anything else but cleaning her room once her mind was fixed on it.

So.....

I started Bran on some school work and went in to help her get her room straighten to her satisfaction. I was hoping against all odds that this would relieve her mind so I could get her to concentrate on school work afterwards...

During about 15 mins. into the work this is just a few of the things said to me:

"No, MOM that doesn't go there."
"MOM, that goes to the other castle."
"No, we are going to play with that, leave it out."
and my personal favorite...
*heavy sigh* then.....
"MOM, don't you know I want it to look pretty!"

I have capitalized MOM because she said it real snotty like that.

After all this lip I decided I obviously have NO idea how to clean up a 5 yr old's room and left her to it. It appears clean to me now, but she is still in there making final touches. May be one day when she has the patience she will take the time to teach me the proper way to clean.

0 comments: