Back to School

Well today is the day. Back to school after the long Christmas break. I tried my best to get the house clean from all the holiday stuff before we went back to work, but then a neighbor gave us their carpet! So now I have this huge roll of carpet and carpet padding in the living room floor until next week when Cecil says he’ll lay it.

We had a great break and I made sure to spend a lot of vegetable (umm….err is that valuable) time with the kids. We played board games, had a fire, popped fireworks, made cookies, set up a bed in the living room and camped out there with snacks and movies. (nope that is definitely vegetable time) But today is back to work day.

How are we doing? Well, since our bed times are shot both kids were still up to around 1-2 AM. This means I was up until 2 AM. However, despite that I got up when DH got up to go to work. I woke Bran up about 30 minutes later and Em up an hour later. I had Bran eat, walk the dogs then do about 20 minutes of exercise to get him going. So far he has done Bible and started his new Saxon 65 (thanks Carmen). He is about to start his history assignment for the day after that I imagine we’ll have to break for lunch.

Emily has drawn a few pictures this morning while I read to her. We read The Story of Exodus, Dr. Seuss’s ABC, Ira Wordworthy, and Puddle’s ABC. Then she did a few pages in her HWT. After that she promptly announced she was tired, crawled into my lap and I’m now typing around her little body in my lap!

Not a bad start I guess. Well, I better get off and get to working with Brandon on his History.

0 comments: