First Year of 4-H

This is our first year in 4-H and sometimes I feel a little overwhelmed. To tell you the truth I don't think I could do it without my friend that already knows the ropes. She is practically leading me by the hand. However, we are really enjoying it.

First of all, it has given Brandon archery which he has really just thrown himself into full steam. Brandon has always been easy going with not a speck of competitiveness in him. He is truly content at doing a so so job at just about anything. This the first time I've seem my son actually willing to do whatever it takes to excel. In short, he has found his "thing" and I'm really proud of him. But there are so many more opportunities!




Here is a picture of recent community service: The kids donated stuffed animals to the hospital to
help when they have to draw blood from scared children.





Here are pictures of Brandon & Emily at Archery:

Perhaps she shouldn't shoot straight UP? Ya think?


Daddy came to Archery this time. It made Brandon's day.
I forgot to take pictures at Rifle this time and it is only once a month.
So, I guess you'll just have to wait to see...
yet another shot of Brandon's back as he uses a weapon. LOL





Here are the kids at Food Fun Night:

This was more or less a food and nutrition class. They also learned about food safety and comparison shopping. I was really impressed that Emily sat and listened so well. They also learned about a Food Show that they will participating in; in early November. Originally I just signed Emily up for this project but Brandon asked if he could do it too. I didn't even think about how much he loves food! Duh, this project is just a natural for him!






Still coming....who knows what. Emily is supposed to do Clothing and Textiles at some point and our group is really holding out for a Dog Care project. I know one thing there are 101 ways for a child to learn, grow and be active in their community through 4-H. If your worried that you don't own a cow, stop worrying and find a local group for your children!


0 comments: