Brandon's Early Christmas

Even though I haven't really mentioned here lately, we have indeed started our "school" year. Brandon has some really great curriculum and I have high hopes for this his seventh grade year. However, he personally is most excited about our newest extra-curricular activity we added this year. We joined the All American 4-H group and he is doing Rifle and Archery. He is doing so/so in rifle and I think it has dampened his enthusiasm a bit. He doesn't like the prone position they make you start out in and he can't move up to standing until he conqures prone. I think with more practice at home and better scores, his interest will rise back up for rifle. Now, on the other hand Archery he loves! So much so, that we went ahead and made the investment in buying him his own bow. Yes, he is a very proud boy! He even gracefully accepted that this meant he would not get much for Christmas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Brandon. Keep up the great work!

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

How exciting!!!

I love archery-- even though I totally and completely stink at it. I took a course in college where you had to shoot your grade... seeing as I could at least hit the target every time, I never did get a bullseye-- not EVER! Good thing it was pass/fail!