Relay for Life

 


Last Saturday the kids and I were blessed to participate in the Relay for Life. It was at a local school track from 7 PM to 7 AM. It was really cold and damp so I didn't feel too incredibly blessed all night long, but it was a blessing. Our family honored cancer survivors Ward Dixon (local home school dad) and Luann Dodd (my mom). We also honored our family members lost to cancer Bobby Parker (my grandfather) and Jerry Dodd (my step-dad). The luminaries were beautiful all lit up around the track and touching to see how much work went into some of them. The luminaries on the bleachers say Cure. Earlier in the night they said Hope but I missed that picture. The night consisted of walking around the track for pledges and bundling up in blankets. Each booth also sold things so they were earning money for the cause all the way to the last moment. They had lots of fun themed laps to keep things going, they also played music, and had other games. My favorite as you can see in the picture was the "Dude Looks Like a Lady" Contest.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: