Confessions of Hair Gone Wild



This post has been a long time in coming. I post the above picture not because I look particularly good or I want you to know exactly how much junk I keep on top of my fridge, but because the hair in that picture has a story to tell. See, I'm in the throes of bad hair.

I did go in March for my nephew's wedding and get a fairly expensive hair cut. When the stylist fixed it I looked sassy and sheik. However, I haven't been able to do a darn thing with it since. That makes the second cut I've gotten that doesn't take me back to that one perfect cut I got about 2 years ago where my hair almost fixed itself into a nice trendy look simply by blow drying it.

By nature I am a lazy person. A lazy person with the desire to have hair that looks like I've spent hours on it when in truth I'm slightly hair retarded and it wouldn't matter how long I spent on it, it would still look bad. So, I've been tossing around the thought of getting a body wave to release me of my hair won't style woes. (Even though I've sworn to myself to never ever expose my hair to such harsh treatment again.) In this line of thought I decided I'd see what my current hair cut would look like curly.

Yes, I came upon the perfect plan. See, along with being lazy I'm also chronically late (due to being lazy) therefore I would speed up my Sunday morning routine by bathing at night, rolling my hair in foam rollers, then popping up in the morning, letting my hair down to a fabulous do and skipping off to church looking like a million bucks. No fuss, No muss, no stress! Perfect plan.

Now I've never been good at rolling but this time my hair almost jumped on the rollers themselves. I've never slept in rollers but made it through the night with out being too uncomfortable. I worried that my hair would still be damp and the curls would fall out when I took the curlers off, but as I sat at my desk reading my emails (due to all the spare time I had since I didn't have to wash, dry and style my hair) I could feel as I pulled the rolls out that each piece of hair seemed nice and dry with a curl. So, I get all the rollers out, start running my fingers through to loosen the curl and go into the bathroom to see how it turned out.

OH MY WORD! NO words can describe this do!

I tried spritzing it with water to see if the curls would loosen... I brushed... I combed... I pulled out the straightening iron...I was late to church. Yes, the above picture of a plain simple hair do has a story, a story that began that morning like this:

Caution the coming picture has been known to frighten small children. You might want to ask the kiddies to leave the room...




Moral of this hair's story...If the cut don't fit, go back to the stylist again and again but whatever you do, don't try to do your own do!

0 comments: