The Very Hungry Caterpillar


Close Up of Collage


Emily has been feeling a bit neglected school wise lately. I believe her exact words were, "When you do school with Bubba you don't have time to do school with me." (I'm pretty sure she was using the word Bubba as a curse word in this instance.) This statment, if not a little rude, also rang slightly true. So, feeling only a little guilty I looked around for a project to do with her, so she would no longer feel like her education was being ignored. I came across this cute lapbook A Hungry Caterpillar at the Homeschool estore that is based on Eric Carle's The Very Hungry Caterpillar. She has always loved this book so it was right up her alley. This lapbook was pretty easy and covered multiple subjects. It included a collage, a poem, counting, days of the week, colors, life cycle of a butterfly, opposites and healthy foods vs. junk foods. We finished it in one sitting. It was fun and affordable at only $7.00 but priceless in the aspect that it made Emily feel special that I sat down and did this with her.



Front Cover




The Inside

0 comments: