I'm Back!

Then again you didn't know I was gone did you?

My run of the mill blah home-school/housewife life, that makes my friends and family, that are not homeschooling housewives, bored to tears when I start talking has been pretty busy lately.

First, I decided to merge my homeschooling online support forum with another area homeschooling group that has more events than my group tended to plan. This has been awesome because if I may say so myself my forum is W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L. What a blessing to get to share it with more people! The ladies there are truly quality people, each one is completely different from the other. So, when you go there with a problem you can get advice from so many unique perspectives! Plus, they make you laugh. Laughter IS the best medicine when you are sitting hip deep in laundry, your son has wandered away from his math work to play video games and your six year has climbed the fridge and eating a giant chocolate bar for breakfast.... Just kidding my house never looks like that! LOL (if your not looking)So, in combination of what I have been advertising as an unparalleled support forum we now have another leader who can juggle events schedules like you wouldn't believe! May I take a moment to be as humble to say that I think the marriage of our two groups could just possibly be the perfect home-school family group ever? Long story short, it is great but the actual merge process was a bit more work (pleasant work, no complaining) than I took a moment to think about. So, I've been juggling that while trying my darnedest to keep the house looking like a home instead of a zoo (which I'm told by many is a useless cause with all our animals)and at the same time attempting to actually educate my children. Can I do it? Yes, many families are juggling way more than that. I've just never been that entertaining of a juggler. Which is why I'm so totally syked about having someone to do the schedule juggling for me now!

Then just about the time I thought I had a handle on the merge and was ready to really throw the books at the kids (not literally, well may be...) my oldest daughter called on her way to the ER. Turns out she has a very painful fairly large ovarian cyst that they seriously thought about removing by surgery. So, off to Sugar Land we go. We got there Tuesday, Cec came home on Wednesday, the kids and I stayed, Heather came home on Wednesday night, and we stayed to take care of her while Aaron worked. There really wasn't anything I could do for her but keep track of when she could take her meds and fetch her drinks. Once her husband came home there was a flurry of requests for his care (much more desired than MY care apparently, LOL), meds, drinks, food, running of bathwater, rubbing her back, aid in walking, etc.... Young married couples are so cute to watch. Cecil came back to Sugar Land on Saturday and we all spent one more night. We came home last night.

This week I'd like to say we are finally really going to hit the books....however, tomorrow is our first group meeting as a newly improved merged home-school group and I promised I'd be there to explain what I offer through my forum and how to use it for those not very computer savvy. (Thursday our group is going to a nursing home to pass out V-day cards, but I doubt we make that.) Then Friday is our bowling alley Valentines party. Saturday is American Girl Book Club at the library, and Sunday is church then a birthday party. To top it all off after we got home last night Emily was complaining her neck hurt (pointing to her throat) and she was running a low grade temp. Did I mention that roughly half the people I know have had Pneumonia or the Flu (some have had both) within the last two months or so?

There is roughly the last two weeks in review of my hum drum boring home-schooling housewife life.

PS I almost forgot to mention that some time before the trip to Houston and after the merge that I spent a day ripping out a wall in the tub, removed the old faucet system, installed a new faucet system, re-sheet rocked the hole and reinstall the plastic bath tub liner?

You know nothing is too big or too small in the life of a housewife.

0 comments: