I Have To Drive 55....

OK so I got this speeding ticket and it really gets under my skin. First of all, I admit that sometimes I speed on purpose being a chronically late individual. If you are speeding "on purpose" then you have made a conscious decision to take the risks involved. However, this particular time I really didn't even realize I was speeding. I don't know why that makes a difference to me...but some how it does...

Second of all, speeding is breaking the law. I've taught my children that breaking the law is the equivalent of sinning. You obey God's law, you obey your country's law (unless it breaks God's law). So here are my sweet children sitting in the car terrified because Mommy has broken the law all the way around! LOL Poor warped little guys! Actually only my more Dudley Do-Right son was too terribly upset. Emily was pretty excited that the trooper smiled and waved at her.

Third and the thing that really sticks in my craw, getting a ticket is a truly STUPID way to throw money away. Tickets are expensive and run your insurance up. I mean I'm one of those folks who needs a tangible object to show for my money. That money could have bought any number of solid real touchable items with long term benefit items!!!! I could really rant about this. But... I guess what's done is done. I can kiss what ever nice tangible object that could of been good bye and pay my ticket.

One thing the ticket did buy is a paranoid about her speed driver. I mean I just can't just go around throwing money out the window like that! So, the next time your driving down one of those rural country roads in Texas where every one but every one always drives 5 to 10 over the speed limit (and we all know there really are stretches of road like that)and you get stuck behind some idiot going EXACTLY the speed limit...that'll be me. Please just do me a favor and extend ALL of your fingers upward when you pass me and wave .... and have pity on a greedy woman that wants "things" for her husband's hard earned cash!

2 comments:

Bobby and Jennifer said...

Me too. My reason for driving 55 is the big RED billboard I drive. We all know red cars get tickets. Now there will be two of us driving the speed limit.

Rhonda P said...

speed limit, schmeed limit.....I am the one who is stuck behind you to slow pokes with road rage.........

All I can say is I AM DRIVING April better known as MRS Daisy