The Positive Side of Things...

Oh Ok I've already typed one very grumpy, cranky, people shouldn't even have to read it blog today elsewhere. So, I'll try my best to spare you. In fact I'll try to post the positive side of things here.

1. Although I can't find homes for the puppies we rescued and I spend a great deal of time trying to keep my floors sanitary. They are healthy, growing and cute.

2. Although I was late to the fall festival due to many many things going wrong at the last minute. Due to the fact that I was late my booth was given over to a youth member to run leaving me free to enjoy the festival with my family. Cecil was late but did make it in time to eat with us and play some games. The festival was even bigger than last year and had a great turn out of non church members which is our goal. It truly was a wonderful community family friendly event! Kudos to the awesome woman who organized this!

3. Although I've had/have a lot of issues with my neighbors...the list of their deeds would make the average neighbor shudder... (I am really praying for strength to continue to stay on friendly terms for witnessing and ministry's sake.) However, last night really took the cake. I took their daughter to the fall fest with me because they were taking their son with some friends to a haunted house several towns away. I knew they would be late which was really fine. If they were too late I'd just let her stay the night and send her home in the morning in time to get dressed for school. But around 11 PM we got a call that they and their friend had been arrest for PI and DWI. Could I come pick their son up? Well yeah! It was more like how fast could I get there! No kid should have to be sitting at a jail while their parents are sitting in the drunk tank. So I went to get him. We didn't home until around 2 AM. The bright side of this? He was ok. He was alive. They didn't wreck. And someone cared enough to come get him. Hopefully what I did will have more of an impact than what his parents did.

4. Cecil has been promoted. He has done this job before with no pay increase and been demoted due to lack of a college degree. When offered the position again a couple of times before he has been leary. However, we talked and prayed about it when it was offered again. This time it does come with a pay raise and bonus package. He has also been promised a lightening of his work load so he can once again join us in a family life. I pray this was the right decision. It sure sounds like a good thing. I guess time will tell.

5. Lately with just life stuff I'm feeling a strong need of the Lord for strength and guidance which no matter how that may sound is actually a good thing.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

PI and DWI?! That is a terrible example. Praising the Lord that you were able to get their son safely! Hopefully it would be a deterrent for him to follow in his parents' footsteps.

Congrats to Cecil on the promotion! That is awesome! I pray that his work load will lighten and that the promotion will be an abundant blessing to your family.

Sometimes when everything seems to be going wrong, it's a very good idea to count our blessings and actually write down the positive side of things.

Hang in there, April!

Love,
Marsha