Once Upon a Time

I am blessed with a strapping young son 10 years of age and a beautiful 4 year old daughter. I simply adore these two precious gifts from God. However, (of course there was a but) they are driving me batty!!!!!



Let me go back to the beginning….



Once a upon a time a little boy was thrilled to find out that Momma was going to have a new baby with which he could play. Then the baby was born and it couldn’t play yet and not only that but it was ….a GIRL!



As time went on the two children played separately like two strangers living in the same house. This greatly sadden their mother. She wanted the strong bond between the two that she shared with her own big brother. She also hoped for that close family unit that she had seen happen in other home schooling families.



Then the girl started to notice things her big brother was doing and wanted to be included. For the most part he ignored her but allowed her to watch or hang out in his general area.



Slowly but surely the sweet young man loosened up and attempted to play with his tiny sister. His clumsy attempts at play usually ended up with her hurt and him being in trouble.



So, the clever little girl picked up on the pattern ….

I scream…. Bubba gets in trouble.



Do you see where this is going yet?



Once upon a time is over…



Now we’re at my house today.



Em follows Bran around the house constantly picking and whinning, picking and whining until Bubba responds. Then WAAAAAAAAAA!!! Her siren goes off! He begins screaming he didn’t do anything….She begins screaming he did and adding extra sins along with any actual sins he might have committed! Then there are the outbursts from Bubba (even when Sissy isn’t really doing anything wrong) and his constant complaints of her constant picking……….



OK I have officially vented.



So, if any one can tell me when the you scream, I scream, we all scream stage ends don’t hesitate to let me know…



Is that one of my marbles rolling by? ...‘Cause I don’t have many left and I just can’t spare one....

0 comments: