Precious Moments

When Bran was little Cec used to sing a song to him when he was trying to break him from sleeping in our bed. It was a remake of Ten Little Monkeys Jumping On The Bed. Cec would say, " Daddy called the Dr. and the Dr. said NO More Brandons in Momma's bed!"





Yes, we are those parents that forever have their children in their bed. Last night as things were winding down I laid in bed with a book. Cec was trying to doze off. Sure enough here came little Em with a book. She crawled up the middle of the bed and took up her normal space between us. She opened her book up and took up "reading" it. Dicovering that he was the only family member not in our room, Bran drags in his blankets and pillows to take up his post on the floor at the foot of the bed. (He has long since outgrown fitting in the bed with us.)



When my eyes got heavy I flipped off the bedside lamp and laid my book on the table. Em smiled up at me and laid her book down too. I thought to myself may be there is a bit of me in there after all. I had often wondered if she wasn't her Dad through and through. She snuggled in closer to my side and almost the very second I wrapped my arms around her dropped right off to sleep. As I laid there listening to my family's breathing take on the regular pattern of sleep I sent up a prayer of thanks for my many blessings.



Then I shoved my husband's dog off my back, kicked my dog off my legs, removed my daughters elbow from my ear and attempted to stake my self firmly to the mattress to insure I could keep my portion of the bed. Sometime during the night while stumbling to the rest room I'm almost sure I stepped on Bran's head. . .



Ahhhh... these are those precious moments you hope to always remember...

0 comments: