This Is The Day That The Lord Hath Made!

I couldn't help but catch myself singing this as I baked, did dishes and laundry this morning! You see for a couple of months now (or really for as long as I can remember). I have been sick. I've walked around feeling daily like I had a cold or the flu. It was just my allergies and I medicated and medicated with all sorts of OTC meds. I took Benadryl, Tylenol cold and sinus, Mucinex DM, Alavert, and Claratin all to no avail. I couldn't think straight, I fell asleep every time I sat still, I had trouble waking up, I spent the first 2 hours of every day sneezing and blowing my nose, I had head aches and a sore throat daily, wheezed and coughed. I'll stop listing symptoms now and just tell you I was miserable! I finally decided that I just couldn't live like that anymore. So, I woke up yesterday and told my DH "NO MORE! I'M SICK AND TIRED OF BEING SICK AND TIRED! I'M GOING TO THE DOCTOR. GIVE ME PRESCRIPTION MEDS OR GIVE ME DEATH!". DH politely looked at me like I was crazy and quietly said he'd deposit some money into my spending account to pay the doctor and buy my medicine. I nearly kissed the doctor when he said he give me a shot to give me some immediate help in breathing! In fact I think I scared him a little with my excitement because he then carefully pointed out I could only come in for shots every three months. LOL On top of the shot he gave me prescriptions for daily allergy medicines (Allegra and Nasacort). Together here is it just the day after and I feel like a human again! What an amazing difference!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had that song stuck in my head all day yesterday... and now, thanks to you dear friend, today as well I suppose! ;-)

Oh well.

I'm glad the doc listened and was able to give you some relief! I'm thinking I will need to go in as well. I wake up around 4am every morning with an itchy throat and needing to blow my nose.

M-i-s-e-r-y.

A little dab of drugs will do ya-- although Allegra wasn't very helpful to me.

Marsha

Anonymous said...

You should try the Master Cleanse! You drink just lemonade and water for 10 days or more. The link is to buy the book which I have and it is so intersting! Good Luck! And I hope you try it!~Laurie in Louisiana

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0317073028/ref=pd_bbs_olp_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1199905005&sr=1-1

And I actually found you trying to find that song somewhere!